Meeting Agenda May 16 ,2013
We will be having a recap of the legislative session.
More importantly, where do we go from here.
The Loveland 912 Project meets at Message of Life Ministries
605 18th Street SW
Loveland, CO 80537
6:30 PM until 8:30 PM
Please use the West entrance for handicapped accessibility.
Invocation and Pledge
Welcome Visitors and Elected Officials
Janet Johnson and Gary Wilson will report on the good and bad legislation that will be affecting our lives and how to shrink government so that it fits in a bathtub.
What happened and What's Next
Ken Clark, Debbie Healy
Walk the Talk
PRINCIPLES OF LIBERTY
1. The only reliable basis for sound government and just human relations is Natural Law.
2. A free people cannot survive under a republican constitution unless they remain virtuous and morally strong.
3. The most promising method of securing a virtuous and morally stable people is to elect virtuous leaders.
4. Without religion the government of a free people cannot be maintained.
5. All things were created by God, therefore upon Him all mankind are equally dependent, and to Him they are equally responsible.
6. All men are created equal.
7. The proper role of government is to protect equal rights, not provide equal things.
8. Men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights.
9. To protect man’s rights, God has revealed certain principles of divine law.
10. The God-given right to govern is vested in the sovereign authority of the whole people.
11. The majority of the people may alter or abolish a government which has become tyrannical.
12. The United States of America shall be a republic.
13. A constitution should be structured to permanently protect the people from the human frailties of their rulers.
14. Life and liberty are secure only so long as the right of property is secure.
15. The highest level of prosperity occurs when there is a free market economy and a minimum of government regulations.
16. The government should be separated into three branches: legislative, executive, and judicial.
17. A system of checks and balances should be adopted to prevent the abuse of power.
18. The unalienable rights of the people are most likely to be preserved if the principles of government are set forth in a written constitution.
19. Only limited and carefully defined powers should be delegated to government, all others being retained in the people.
20. Efficiency and dispatch require government to operate according to the will of the majority, but constitutional provisions must be made to protect the rights of the minority.
21. Strong local self-government is the keystone to preserving human freedom.
22. A free people should be governed by law and not by the whims of men.
23. A free society cannot survive as a republic without a broad program of general education.
24. A free people will not survive unless they stay strong.
25. “Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations: entangling alliances with none.”
26. The core unit which determines the strength of any society is the family; therefore, the government should foster and protect its integrity.
27. The burden of debt is as destructive to freedom as subjugation by conquest.
28. The United States has a manifest destiny to be an example and a blessing to the entire human race.
SOURCE: Over 150 volumes of the Founding Fathers’ writings, compiled by the National Center for Constitutional Studies, nccs.net
Loveland 912 Project Honors Memorial Day
After all of the ceremonies earlier in the day the Loveland 912 Project honored those that made the ultimate sacrifice by waving flags on Kechter overpass on I 25 just north of Windsor.
Thirty eight members and friends waved their flags to a non-stop chorus of horn honking by drivers both North and South bound on the freeway. The annual event lasted for two hours from 3:00 PM until 5:00 PM
Afterward everyone went to Old Chicago in FT. Collins and sang ‘God Bless America’. Before departing the Loveland 912 Project led everyone in the restaurant in the singing of the ‘Star Spangled Banner’ to honor those that gave their lives so that we might enjoy the freedom of being Americans.
God Bless America!
Here is a video of what it is like for a solid two hours